Nature is not as fragile as environmentalist claim

NY Times:

As People Leave, Trees Take Root in Silos

Along the dusty back roads of the Great Plains, trees growing inside the decrepit structures once used to store feed are “a symbol of something,” one observer said.
I see it all the time in the Texas countryside where abandon homes are quickly overgrown.  It takes less time than you would think.  I am constantly having to push back against the encroachment of nature around my house in the country.  I am reminded of the Mayan ruins found in the jungles of Central America.  Near my parents home in Arkansas I saw an abandoned oil well and storage tank overgrown with vegetation.  Oil was clearly not as toxic to the environment as some would suggest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains