Underwear bomber tied to Awalaki

NY Times:

F.B.I. Interviews Tell of Cleric’s Role in Plot to Bomb Plane

After a two-year legal battle, The Times obtained documents that reveal how Anwar al-Awlaki, an American-born Qaeda leader, recruited and advised a Nigerian man who tried taking down a plane with explosives in his underwear.
What this story makes clear to me is that Awlaki was a legitimate target in the war against al-Qaeda and radical Islam.  The fact that he was an American citizen is of no moment to me when the guy was clearly a traitor.  I think his story does make the case for Sen. Cruz's legislation that would strip US citizenship from those who join the enemy.  I don't get why anyone would oppose that policy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains