Liberal fascism comes to Silicon Valley

NY Times:

Tech Giants, Once Seen as Saviors, Now Viewed as Threats

American tech companies positioned themselves as entities that brought positive change by connecting people and spreading information. Perceptions are shifting.
Since liberals lost the 2016 election they have been trying to suppress opposing viewpoints and using companies like Google to do it.  While advertisers are within their rights to decide what content they want their marketing attached to, Google should also disclose what companies are demanding that certain content not be supported so those effected by the advertising boycott and decide whether they want to continue doing business with those companies.

I suspect that liberals see the companies as a threat because they permitted Russian bots to place ads aimed at disrupting the 2016 campaign.  I think they are vastly overrating the effectiveness of those ads many of which were not run before the election.  I generally ignored them  I quit following Twitter during the election because it became a sewer of vitriol.  On Facebook, I ignored most of the ads that my ad blocker did not block.  I did vote against Hillary Clinton, but it was her own conduct that caused that vote.

I was not a big fan of Trump.  He still can be impolitic at times.  But on the whole, he is much better than I expected and I like the fact that he fights back against the assaults from the left.  He vents about media coverage he deems unfair, and much of it is, but I do not see him shutting down media outlets. 

It strikes me that much of the media thinks it is above criticism.  They are not used to a President who does not stoically absorb the blows of people seeking to destroy his Presidency. 

While the media likes to keep a running tally on things Trump has said, that they believe to be untrue, does it keep a similar tally on stories it ran that also have been proved to be wrong or misleading because the sources were wrong or attempting to mislead?  I think that too often they accept sources that were wrong because it fits their favored narrative, and thus are too good to check.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains