Some women have a way of deterring sexual harassers

Washington Free Beacon:
Palin: People Don’t Sexually Harass Me Because They ‘Know That I’m Probably Packing’
I am reminded of a journalism professor I had as an undergraduate at the University of Texas.  Dr. Gardner was one of the most demanding teachers I had.  A misspelled word was an automatic F on any work she assigned.   She was also a colonel in the Marine Corps Reserves and she ran her class like one.

One of my classmates had a disease that caused his hands to tremor.  One of my friends in the class was not aware of his condition and just assumed that it was caused by being in Dr. Gardner's class.  Some women just have an aura of "don't mess with me."

On another occasion, after I graduated from law school, I was in San Antonio helping the DA's office prosecute a securities fraud case.  The assistant DA I was working with pointed out another assistant DA who happened to be an attractive woman.  He said guys do not mess with her for fear she would castrate them.  She certainly was not someone who looked vulnerable.

Obviously, people should not take advantage of those they see as vulnerable.  Every woman should be treated with respect.  The point is that some are better at demanding it than others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains