Media finally listening to the voices of those who now support Trump

Washington Post Op-ed:
I wasn’t a Trump supporter. I am now.

Mollie Ziegler Hemingway
I am in that camp too. I have seen others who have also come to support President Trump.  The media has been searching more for people who no longer support Trump.  I get the feeling they think those people have come to their senses so what must they think of people like me and Hemingway?

I reluctantly voted for Trump because I thought Hillary Clinton would be a horrible President and it had zero to do with Russia.  In fact, it is insulting to suggest that people voted for Trump because they were dupes of a Russian influence campaign.  The Russians did not cause her to mishandle classified material and the mainstream media knows that.  The Russians were not the reasons she was pandering to illegal immigration and ignoring another law that is on the books.

What I found with Trump is that if you ignore the noise and the drama surrounding his Presidency, he has actually been very good at getting programs passed that have been needed to improve the tax system and do away with Obama's control freak regulatory scheme.  There is more to do in that area and I hope he can get it done.

I hope we can stop the failed policy of an immigration lottery and chain migration.  That policy is nonsensical and has imported terrorism.  We need a colorblind merit-based immigration system.  That is the opposite of a racist system. 

I am totally disgusted with Democrats who act like anyone who disagrees with them on a policy is a racist.  That is just not intelligent.  It is a demagogues' name calling response to a policy that he disagrees with.  I suspect Democrats do it to fool their minority voters into thinking they are under attack when they are not.

I am still not fond of the drama, but I can live with it to get good policies like the tax reform and the deregulation in place that will get the economy moving again.  The results so far of the tax reform show that the Democrats were dead wrong about how companies would react to the reduction in corporate taxes.  That further dampens their credibility with other attacks they make against the President's policies.

One positive thing that has come out of the President's bold approach has been to strip the diplomatic facade that hid the lies behind some of the issues of the day such as the Palestinians' faux two-state solution rhetoric.  It was never credible in my opinion and the Palestinian leader's speech finally revealed the truth.

As for the media and Trump, I do not think his attacks on the media are a threat to the Constitution.  The media is still free to criticize him and he is free to criticize them.  I see nothing wrong with that.  There is nothing in the Constitution that requires a President to stoically absorb attacks from his opponents whether they be other politicians or the media.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains