How did Obama get a security clearance?

Washington Post:
 White House climate adviser resigns after past pot use blocked security clearance

And how did the Post come to select such an unflattering picture of this guy?  Is this rule going to block the appointment of many people from California and Colorado now?  Why didn't it apply to Obama?  How common is pot use among the climate change crowd?

BTW, I have never used it.  I was mildly surprised at a law school reunions to find that several of my classmates were having pot parties while we were in school.  I did not feel left out.  In fact, I was pleased to learn that they knew I had no interest.

Comments

  1. This issue isn't all that new. Several members of the Clinton administration required waivers due to "youthful experimentation" with pot and other recreational drugs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains