Mainstream media more likely to have spread Russian meddling?

Washington Post:
Russia used mainstream media to manipulate American voters

The analysis of more than 36,000 tweets sent by Russian accounts showed that obscure or foreign news sources played a comparatively minor role, suggesting that the discussion of “fake news” during the campaign has been somewhat miscast.
 I am sure that I was not manipulated nor were the people who voted.  I probably came across some of the Russian tweets but found most of them so disgusting or ridiculous that I just quit using Twitter during the campaign.  The insults and invective just were not interesting.

It was the straight reporting in the mainstream media that convinced me that Hillary Clinton was not an acceptable alternative to Donald Trump who I reluctantly voted for.  I have never regretted that vote.  In fact, he has exceeded my expectations on the substance of most issues despite the distractions of all the drama that seems to surround him.

While the mainstream media tried to downplay her mishandling of classified material I found her actions unacceptable as someone who put his life on the line in handling top-secret material.  I know that the FBI would not give me or anyone else a pass like the one they gave Clinton.  The current investigation by Congress reveals what a shame their investigation was.  For that alone, Comey deserved to be fired.

I do not think that it is possible for the media to assert that any voter was manipulated.  Have they produced any voters who say they were?  People voted for Trump because they either liked him or they did not like Hillary Clinton and that would have happened if Russians had been banned from Twitter or advertising on Facebook.

While there may be evidence of attempted meddling, just because the results were different from what the media wanted does not mean Russia had a material impact on the outcome.  The alleged meddling has become an excuse for Democrats to attack the legitimacy of the President.  They are the ones who should be ashamed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains